- Safe Arrival
- Parking Lot Drop-Off and Pick-Up Procedures
- Dogs on Campus
- Riding your Bike to School
- Before School Supervision
Be sure to call if your child will not be at school!
The Safe Arrival Program notifies parents if their child has not arrived at school. Parent volunteers manage this program. If a child is absent and the school has not been notified, the volunteer will attempt to call the parents. Please contact Safe Arrival if your child will not be at school or will be late due to an appointment at 425 936-2700 or email the school secretary Katty Aghaseyedali
Safety is always our primary goal as students arrive at and depart from school each day. We appreciate your help in making the drop-off and pick-up time efficient and safe.
Please keep the following in mind when dropping off or picking up your child each day:
- Please observe a 5 mph speed limit in the parking lots at all times, especially in the left-hand drive-through lane. Car doors open quickly, cars pull out from behind larger vehicles and can be tough to see, and some families are walking across the lanes after school; driving slowly will help ensure that students stay safe.
- Please use one of the parking spaces, rather than leaving your vehicle in the pick-up lane, when you find that you need to go in to the building with your child.
- We ask students and parents to wait behind the cones to ensure everyone is safely out of traffic.
- Please cross the parking lot lanes at one of the crosswalks; drivers have difficulty seeing students and parents if they dart from between parked cars.
We routinely exit just under 600 students in close to ten minutes. While some days the drop-off and pick-up lanes may seem slow, we appreciate your patience with everyone involved in the process.
Many students enjoy riding their bikes to school. If this is something you are interested in doing regularly or from time to time, please complete the application for riding a bike to school, and review the list of safety rules and regulations. Forms are also available in the office.
ABC's of Sandburg
What to know more about the in's and out's at Sandburg? Check out our ABC's of Sandburg page.
Volunteering At Sandburg
Volunteer [vol-uhn-teer] A person who voluntarily offers himself or herself for a service or undertaking.
Volunteering is a wonderful way to support your school. If you are interested in volunteering at Sandburg you will need to first fill out a volunteer application. Volunteer applications need to filled out if you are volunteering in the classroom, attending field trips, and participating in school events. After your application has been processed please contact your child's teacher to find out more about the needs of the classroom.
Our PTSA is pleased to announce that our school is participating in the School Tool Box program. Avoid the cost, time and inconvenience of back to school shopping! Here’s how:
·Register at http://www.schooltoolbox.com
·Find Carl Sandburg
·Shop on-line (teacher approved supply list provided)
·Customize your order (only order the supplies that you need)
·Supplies are then delivered directly to your home.
In addition, every order that we make to School Tool Box will provide a meal to a starving child through STB’s One Box, One Meal, Two Kids program in partnership with the Feed My Starving Children organization.
Questions? Please contact Meytal Shalom at email@example.com
No labeling needed of the following materials (except for the folders, scissors, and headphones) as all the students will be sharing the supplies:
- 1 quality children’s backpack (please no wheels as two students share one small cubby area)
- 1 quality pair of children’s scissors.
- 3 boxes of “skinny” 24 Crayola Crayons (basic colors)
- 3 packages of Crayola Classic Broad Line washable markers (8 per pack).
- 1 Black Expo Fine Tip Whiteboard Marker
- 1 package of #2 Ticonderoga Pencils - Box of 24
- 1 package of Crayola Fine Line markers (8 per pack)
- 12 glue sticks
- 2 two-pocket folders with the pockets at the bottom-please label your child’s name on the upper right hand corner of the folders.
- 1 pair of headphones - ones that are the "over the ear " type. Label with your child's name.
- 4 black Fine-Tip Sharpies
- 1 Crayola Basic 8 Watercolor Paints
*Wish List: We would appreciate donations of Kleenex, Gallon storage bags.
Personal Items (Please label)
- 1 pair of Fiskar scissors
- 1 package of 8-10 washable markers
- 1 box of 24 crayons
- 1 pair of personal headphones (in a zippered bag)
- 1 Plastic 8x5 Spacemaker school box
- Backpack (no wheels)
- 2 Pink Pearl erasers
- 1 spiral notebook, wide ruled (8.5” x 11”)
- 1 folder with bottom pockets (any design)
- 3 folders (with pockets on the bottom) – 1 blue and 1 yellow and 1 green
- 1 set of Crayola watercolor paints- 8 colors
Community items (Please do not label)
- 2 pack of baby wipes
- 2 boxes of large Kleenex
- 1 large glue stick
- 2 dry erase pens (black or blue only)
- 12 #2 sharpened pencils (Dixon Ticonderoga brand only. Can be found at Costco)
- 1 fine point black Sharpie
- 1 ultra-fine point black Sharpie
- 1 yellow highlighter
- 1 green highlighter
- 1 8 ounce bottle of hand sanitizer
Emergency class snacks (goldfish, raisins, granola bars) *Needed throughout the year
(Please no items with peanuts)
*Please utilize size recommendations.
*Please leave personal rulers and sharpeners at home.
Personal Items (please label with their name)(please take out of packaging)
- One Pencil box for desk (about 8x4 /No other sizes, or pencil pouches please)
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 box of crayons (box of 24)
- 1 box of colored pencils (pack of 12-24)
- 1 yellow gel Highlighter
- 2 large erasers
- 5 folders (with pockets on bottom) –1 red, 1 yellow, 1 blue, 1 green, 1 orange
- 1 folder (design of your choice)
- 1 set of 8 Crayola watercolors
- 1 box of markers (no smelly)
- 1 ruler (with centimeters and inches & not flexible or metal)
- Headphones or ear buds to be used with netbooks
- 2 spiral notebooks
- 1 handheld sharpener
General Class Items
- 1 dozen Ticonderoga No. 2 pencils (SHARPENED)
- 2 dry erase markers (fine tip, black only)
- 3 large glue sticks
- 1 Black Flair pens
- 1 Red Flair pen
- Emergency Snack item (nut free)
- 1 bottle of hand sanitizer (girls only)
- 1 package of baby wipes (boys only)
Optional Class Items:
- Blue painter’s tape
- Package of color copy paper (Astrobrights)
- Single compartment pencil box for desk (approx. 8” x 5”)
- 2- Spiral notebooks
- 3 two pocket folders with bottom pockets
- Colored pencils
- Colored markers (no smelly)
- Ear buds or headphones- Labeled in a bag
- 1 package of wide ruler notebook paper
- 3 dry erase markers
- 2 boxes of No. 2 pencils (sharpened)
- 1 black fine sharpie
- Glue sticks- 2 large
- 1 bottle of white Elmer’s glue
- 2 red ball point pens
- 1 package big pink erasers
- Blue painters tape
- Color copy paper
- Yellow lined notebook paper
PLEASE LABEL ALL ITEMS THAT ARE NOT FOR COMMUNITY USE
- 3 two sturdy, two pocketed folders with fasteners for holding paper ( 1 red, 1 blue, 1 green)
- 1 yellow plastic folder with or without fasteners for transporting work home.
- 1 70-Page Spiral 1-Subject Notebook (Wide Ruled Paper)
- 2 Composition Notebooks (Wide Ruled Paper)
- 1 Art Box (approximately (5”x8”)
- Pencil pouch (for desk)
- Ruler (metal or wood only)
Items to fit in pencil pouch:
- 24 #2 Pencils (No Mechanical Pencils)
- 2 Ballpoint pens for correcting
- 1 Pink Pearl Eraser
- 1 Highlighter Pen (yellow)
- 1 Pencil Sharpener (one that catches the shavings)
Items to fit inside the art box:
- 1 Large Glue Stick
- 1 Pair of Quality Sharp Scissors (Fiskar recommended)
- 1 set of colored markers
- 1 Box of 12 Colored Pencils
- Headphones or Ear Buds for student computers (can be used from year to year)
- 1 Protractor used in math
Community Supplies-not labeled
- Baby Wipes
- Medium and/or small Sharpie Black Pen (Permanent Type)
- Extra packages of binder paper
- Papermate black flair pens
- Extra pencils
- Extra hand-held pencil sharpeners
- 2 composition notebooks (100 pages)
- 1 graph paper composition notebook (100 pages)
- 2 STURDY two-pocketed Folder (any design or color)
- 1 copy of the novel City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau
Pencil pouch (for desk)
Items to fit in this pouch:
- 1 small hand-held pencil sharpener (label with student name)
- 1 set of headphones to be use with the netbooks
- 5 pack of Highlighters
- 1 large eraser
- Colored Ball Point Pen (not black)
Art box for classroom storage (no larger than 8x5)
Items to fit in this box:
- Scissors (label with student name)
- 1 12-pack of colored pencils
- 1 12-pack of markers
Community Supplies-not labeled
- 1 box of tissues
- 8 fine tip dry erase markers (Black)
- 2 Sharpie pens (Black)
- 2 Flair Pens (Black)
- 36 pack of pencils (sharpened)
- Pack of Elmer’s glue sticks
- 1 box of baby wipes
- 1 package of electronic wipes
- 2 packages of post-its (3x3)
- 1 box of crayons
- 1 package of index cards (3x5, any color)
- 1 ream notebook paper, college rule
Download the Supply List for every grade here! Whole School Supply Master.pdf